General terms and conditions

Different conditions apply when you book a trip with us.

Booking and paying your trip

Together with you we will agree what your trip will look like. After the agreement, we will send you our bank details (Dollar account at Exim Bank in Tanzania). We ask that you pay 25% of the cost within two weeks of booking and the remainder (75%) at least six weeks before the start of your trip. If the trip takes place within six weeks of booking, we will ask for the entire amount at once.

NB: Due to the current situation surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic, we are trying to be as flexible as possible. Fortunately, most lodges and hotels go along with this and we look at what we agree on the down payment on a case-by-case basis. However, there are always costs that cannot be refunded, such as administrative costs and flights.

Cancellation policy

We understand that there may be reasons that make it necessary for you to cancel your trip. Since we have to arrange a lot of things in advance, we have the following refund policy in case of cancellation:

  • Cancellation at any time by appointment, but more than six weeks before the start of your trip: refund 75% of the total price
  • Cancellation within six weeks, but more than two weeks before the start of your trip: refund 50% of the total price
  • Cancellation within a week, but more than a day (24 hours) before the start of your trip: refund 25% of the total price
  • Cancellation within 24 hours before the booked trip: no refund We advise you to take out a good cancellation insurance with your travel insurance to avoid high costs in the event of cancellation of your trip.

NB: We cannot be held responsible for bad weather conditions

Unexpected changes in park fees and government taxes

Due to various reasons, the Tanzanian government may decide to change park fees or tourism taxes. These are not included in the price calculation of your safari and are beyond our control. While we understand this may be inconvenient for you, we will pass on any changes to you.

Physical and material damage

Caracal Tours & Safaris cannot be held liable for any damage caused during a trip that was booked through Caracal Tours & Safaris. We advise you to arrange adequate travel and health insurance

To avoid problems, we recommend that you take out good travel insurance with good cancellation conditions.